You need to understand the importance of registering your trade mark. Register a trademark can limiting and hopefully preventing consumer confusion. A registered trade mark can shows the distinctiveness of the good or services from others. Powerful branding can be a valuable component of any business.
Before you apply a trade mark registration, there are two questions which you must know the answers,
(1) Is the trade mark identical or similar than other registered or applying marks?
This is critical as a main reason of official objection from trademark offices. We ensure to run a preliminary trademark research that disclosed all the earlier trademark registered record may effect on your coming applications.
(2) Which jurisdictions (countries) should you register?
With the registration, the owner (person or company) becomes the owner of the trademark. The registration is given for a particular country/territory, for certain products or services and for a specific term. While the registration is in force, only the owner may use the trademark in the market where the trademark is registered.
Types of trademark:
- A brand name
- A business name
- A color
- A logo
- A package design
- A smell
- A slogan
- Trademark logo (JPG or PDF format) and trademark words. If any specified colors, pantone must be provided.
- Business Registration (BR) or ID cards of trademark owner.
- Contact person(including telephone, fax, and email and correspondence address ).
Report that includes the search and analysis of the registration probabilities of a trademark.
Filing the trademark application before others submitted the registration’s request.
Issuance of the trademark registration certificate and forwarding the documentation to the registrant. A report with the trademark registration details is included.
Hong Kong Trademark Registration Processes:
Other service related to your registered/ pending trademark:
- Trademark Registration (Nice Classification)
- Trademark Opposition
- Free Trade mark Searching
- Trademark Transfer
- Trademark Renewal
- Trademark Watch
- Legal Support in case of objections
- Trademark Prosecution
- Trademark License
- Trademark Acquisition and Assignment
- Trademark Cancellation
- Trademark Anti-counterfeiting
- Well known Trademark Protection Strategy
- Trademark Portfolio Management
The large majority of countries of the world have adopted the International Classification of Nice.
This system groups all products and services into 45 classes – 34 for products, 11 for services – permitting you to specify precise and clear classes covering your trademark. The protection that is offered to a registered trademark covers only the classes specified at the time of registration, therefore, allowing two identical trademarks to coexist in distinct classes.